My 100 word challenge

I woke up one night hearing a strange noise.I looked out the window to a frightening sight. A giant cucumberwas standing outsde.i was so suprised i fell out my window. looked up. The cucumber got closer and closer till we were nearly  face to skin. I with fell into blackness i woke up lying on the ground with two shadows infront of me. It was my mum and dad i went inside to grab somthing to eat but all we had was cucumber i shuddered. I only got 82 words

One thought on “My 100 word challenge

1. Hello Oliver,

With the Student Blogging Challenge ended, I been visiting the blogs of those in my group to see if they’re still adding posts. On checking yours, I see you’ve written for the 100 Word Challenge (100WC).

As well as being involved with blogging, I am one of the people who helps the person running the 100WC by commenting on entries. Each adult helper is given a set of entry numbers to check. In my case, I check the 7th, 19th, 31st, 43rd (and so on adding 12 each time). This means I may end up commenting on your stories if you keep entering the 100WC.

Now for your story…

Only writing 82 words is fine. The rules of the 100 Word Challenge (100WC) are you should not go over the 100 word limit so writing less isn’t a problem.

You have used the prompt very well. With the picture prompt for the current 100WC, people had to work the two shadows into their story.

I like you ending. I think I also would have shuddered on seeing cucumbers after your experience. Keep entering the 100 Word Challenge. 🙂

Also, Oliver, thank you for taking part in the Student Blogging Challenge. Keep blogging. 🙂

Ross Mannell (teacher)
    NSW, Australia